'Two and a Half Men': CBS CEO calls Angus T. Jones situation 'a piece of cake'Add to Favorites | Two and a Half Men
Les Moonves addressed the situation Tuesday (Dec. 4) at a Wall Street Journal-sponsored forum in New York, noting he wasn't entirely sure where the 19-year-old Jones, who made his "filth" comments last week, stands in relation to the show.
"I don't know what our status is with him," Moonves said, according to Fishbowl LA. "We took this boy, who started with us when he was 8 years old, and it seems to be what happens with child stars over the course of time. He is now making over $300,000 per week, which is not a bad salary for a 19-year-old kid."
Jones has since apologized to the "Two and a Half Men" cast and crew, but Moonves seemed to imply Tuesday that the show's producers had a contingency plan in mind should Jones depart. (One rumor is that Miley Cyrus, who has guested on a couple of "Men" episodes this season, could join the cast full-time.)
"We have other plans," Moonves says without elaboration, before closing the subject with a joke: "I don't think it has quite been resolved, but after going through Charlie Sheen, I think this is a piece of cake."