'Vampire Diaries' and 'Secret Circle' get vicious: Win swag from your fave shows!
After a long break, "The Vampire Diaries" and "The Secret Circle" return on Thursday, March 16 with some seriously sexy episodes. As you can see from the "vicious" promo video above, they're turning up the heat in Mystic Falls and Chance Harbor -- and you won't want to miss a minute.
To celebrate the returns of two of our fave fantasy series, we've got some swag to give away! To win, make sure you're following @cadlymack and @Zap2it on Twitter.
Then, tweet or retweet anything with the hashtag #CWThursdaysAre2Die4 -- or you can just RT our tweet here -- and you'll be entered to win a "Vampire Diaries" sweatshirt and a "Secret Circle" crystal, straight from The CW.
We'll randomly choose 5 winners on Friday morning at 9 AM PST. You'll have to be in the U.S. to win!
All the fine print is below. Don't forget to watch "The Vampire Diaries" at 8 p.m. EST and "The Secret Circle" at 9 p.m. EST on Thursday, March 15 on The CW!
ZAP2IT'S "CW THURSDAYS ARE 2DIE4" SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins at 5:00 PM PT on March 14, 2012 and ends at 8:59 AM PT on March 16, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). Zap2it's computer clock shall be the official timepiece of the Promotion.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes (the "Promotion") is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States or DC. You must be a Twitter member and a follower of twitter.com/zap2it and twitter.com/cadlymack in order to participate and at the time the prize is announced and awarded. If you are not a Twitter member, you may register for free on the Twitter website. Officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and their immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, are not eligible to win. This Promotion is void where prohibited and outside the counties set forth above.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Log on to twitter.com and follow twitter.com/zap2it and twitter.com/cadlymack. Post a Tweet or re-tweet a tweet within the Promotion Period using the hashtag "#CWThursdaysAre2Die4." Limit one entry per Twitter handle. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. At the end of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will select five winners randomly from the pool of eligible participants and attempt to notify the winners by direct message on Twitter within 72 hours of the end of the Promotion period. The potential winners must respond via email to email@example.com within 48 hours of notification attempt. In the event potential winners cannot be contacted, do not respond within 48 hours from the time the Sponsor first tries to notify them, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winners forfeit all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prizes. If so, alternate potential winners may be selected randomly from the pool of eligible participants. Upon contacting potential winners and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of any required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, which must be signed and returned to Sponsor prior to receipt of prizes, such individuals will be declared the "winners" of the Promotion. Properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Limit one (1) prize per winner.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be five (5) first prize winners. First Prize: A "Vampire Diaries" sweatshirt and a "Secret Circle" crystal. Approximate retail value of prize: $30. Approximate retail value of all prizes: $150.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prizes or any portion thereof are transferable or redeemable for cash or any other instrument of value. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. There will be no substitutions for these prizes, except Sponsor may substitute prizes of equal or greater value in event prizes offered become unavailable for any reason.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. If so, affidavits and releases must be returned within one (1) week from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Use of automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. In the event Sponsor does so, Sponsor shall post notice of its action at www.zap2it.com. In the event Sponsor terminates the Promotion prior to the scheduled end date, Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the cancellation. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Chicago, Illinois. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Illinois and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Illinois. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by April 30, 2012 to: Winner List: Zap2it's "CW Thursdays Are 2 Die 4" Sweepstakes, Attn: Mark Yamada, 5800 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028.
14. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Tribune Media Services, c/o Zap2it, 5800 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028.