William Shatner, cultural juggernaut, is 80. We celebrate with his top five Internet moments.
1. "Rocket Man": Hands down, this re-interpreted cover of Elton John's hit -- performed at the 1978 Science Fiction Film Awards -- is Shatner at the height of his often inscrutable, yet compelling, Shatner-ness:
2. "F*** You": Sure, Gwyneth Paltrow kicked out the jams on this Cee-Lo Green number on "Glee," but Shatner -- with his bleeped-out version -- was there first:
3. "Shatner of the Mount": A self-important interview ("Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain?") mashed up with techno. We play this when we need a moment of zen:
4. Shatner reads Palin: Twitter has proved a treasure trove for parody and Sarah Palin was like a personal pot o' gold for Conan O'Brien and Bill Shatner. Watch as, accompanied by a stand-up bass, Shatner turns Palin's tweets into poetry:
5. "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds": Yet another cover. What can we say? The man is nothing if not prolific: