was live from Toronto, Ontario, Canada for the last Monday night show before the "Night of Champions" pay per view. Company COO
and his wife,
, have been running RAW with an iron fist, after declaring that
was the new face of WWE. Somewhere,
John Cena cried a little.
The big news:
WWE Hall of Famer
returned, much to the delight of his hometown crowd. Unfortunately, it didn't last long as Triple H kicked him out of the building after the two hurled insults at each other. Edge built up
as a viable contender for the WWE Championship, while Triple H continued to tear him down. It ended with Triple H's muscle, The Shield, beating up Edge's friend
. When Edge tried went after Hunter, he got kicked out of the building.
Paul Heyman tried to weasel his way out of his match against
CM Punk at "Night of Champions" by showing up with a fake doctor who claimed he was injured. WWE doctors said he was fine and CM Punk hit the ring, hitting anyone he could with a stick. Of course, he didn't get his hands on Heyman. You're going to have to pay for "Night of Champions" to see that.
Goldust made his first WWE appearance in three years to fight for his brother's job.
Cody Rhodes was fired last week after losing a match to Orton. If Goldust won against the WWE Champion, his job would have been reinstated. That wasn't meant to be, though. The two had a surprisingly good match, which kept the crowd entertained. In the end, Orton got the win and Rhodes was still fired.
In the absence of
Vince McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon continued to make professional wrestlers cry. Last week it was the
Big Show, this time Stephanie made Goldust cry. Big Show kept in his tears, but he did trash a very old TV instead.
The main event saw Bryan, with Big Show in his corner, against
Dean Ambrose, accompanied by The Shield. The catch being that Big Show cannot lay a hand on any member of The Shield, or he'll be fired. That, of course, leaves the door open for The Shield to go after Bryan behind the referee's back at any chance. They do, but Bryan is still able to sneak a victory, as Big Show cheers him on from ringside. Orton hits the ring once again and The Shield attacks Bryan. Big Show can't do anything without losing his job so he stands there while Orton takes Bryan out.
It doesn't end there, though. Triple H and Stephanie head down the ramp telling Big Show he needs to nail Bryan with a knockout punch. Show hesitates long enough for Bryan to recover and hit Orton with a pretty vicious kick. The show goes off the air with Daniel celebrating with fans, holding the WWE Championship over his head.
- Kofi Kingston beat Curtis Axel by disqualification
- Bray Wyatt beat Dolph Zigler due to outside interference
- Brie Bella, Naomi and Natalya beat Aksana, Layla and Alicia Fox
- Alberto Del Rio beat R-Truth
- Santino Marella beat Antonio Cesaro
- Damien Sandow beat The Miz after a distraction by Fandango
- Randy Orton beat Goldust, Cody Rhodes is still fired
- Rob Van Dam beat Ryback by disqualification
- Daniel Bryan beat Dean Ambrose
"Night of Champions" is Sunday, September 15, at 8 p.m. ET on pay per view. The card for the show is below:
- Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship
- CM Punk vs.Curtis Axel & Paul Heyman (Handicap Elimination Match)
- Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam for the World Heavyweight Championship
- AJ Lee vs. Natalya vs. Brie Bella vs. for the Divas Championship
- The Prime Time Players vs. The Usos vs. Tons of Funk vs. The Real Americans vs. 3MB in a Tag Team Turmoil match to determine the No. 1 contenders for the Tag Team Championship