Zach Gilford moves to 'Iceland'; Eddie Cibrian is a 'Playboy'
The former "Friday Night Lights" star is joining FOX's comedy pilot "Iceland," Deadline reports. The show is about a young woman ( Kerry Bishe of "Scrubs") whose husband recently died. And yes, we said it's a comedy.
Gilford will play a friend of Bishe's character. If "Off the Map" should somehow return next season, "Iceland" would have to find another actor, but that's not looking especially likely at the moment.
Other casting news from Deadline:
- Eddie Cibrian is replacing Jeff Hephner as the male lead in NBC's period drama "Playboy." Cibrian (late of "CSI: Miami") will play a lawyer and Playboy Club member with possible mob ties in 1960s Chicago. "Firefly's" Sean Maher has also come aboard
- FOX's drama "Exit Strategy" has added Tom Sizemore to its cast; he'll play a veteran CIA operative. It's the first TV role for Sizemore since CBS' "Robbery Homicide Division" in the early 2000s. Lily Rabe has also joined the show.
- Long-time "Saturday Night Live" cast member Tim Meadows will star with Sarah Paulson in NBC's Kari Lizer comedy. He'll play a business partner to Paulson's downsizing consultant.
- Eric Winter ("The Mentalist," "Brothers & Sisters") has joined FOX's drama "Weekends at Bellevue" as an ER doctor.
- "Lost's" Man in Black, Titus Welliver, will co-star with Lucy Griffiths and Meredith Hagner in The CW's zombie drama "Awakening." His character is a legendary zombie hunter.
- Paul Blackthorne ("Lipstick Jungle," "24") has been added to the cast of ABC's drama "The River" as the producer of a "Man vs. Wild"-style show whose star ( Bruce Greenwood) has gone missing in the Amazon.