TV Gal Shares a Moment
Television characters in whom I am smitten
Brand new episodes tied up in string
These are a few of my favorite things
I simply remember my favorite TV moments and then I don't feeeeeeeeel so bad.
Here are my 10 favorite TV moments of 2006.
1. Sara and Grissom are revealed to be in a relationship on
2. Jim confesses his feelings for Pam on
3. Amy brings the ferris wheel to Ephram on "Everwood" in "Foreverwood, Part 2" (June 5, 2006): As my favorite show on television came to a close (no I still don't want to talk about it), the series came full circle cementing the show's central star-crossed couple and bringing a tear to my eye. As I said last week, I still miss you most of all, Ephram.
4. The Veronica, Logan, Beaver showdown on the top of roof on "Veronica Mars" in "Not Pictured" (May 9, 2006): This moment showcased the best of "Veronica Mars": a shocking reveal (Beaver was the killer), a shining and heroic moment for Logan and an Emmy-winning performance from Kristin Bell, who so easily vacillates between the flippant, sassy moments and the heart-wrenching grave moments.
5. Edgar dies on
6. The Robin Sparkles video on
8. Michael kills Libby and Ana on "Lost" in "Two for the Road" (May 3, 2006): Oh, it was so difficult to pick only one "Lost" moment. There's Jack imploring Kate to run, the glorious back story of Jin and Sun, and the down and dirty coupling of Sawyer and Kate. But when one of their own became it was the biggest gasp-out-loud moment of the year. I knew it was coming and I was still shocked.
9. Christina and Burke's fight on
10. Josh and Donna kiss on
Those were my favorite moments of 2006. What were yours? Talk about it on the TV Gal message board.
Quotes of the Week
"Which, don't get me wrong, can be a really fun distraction, but when it's over you're left thinking about the girl you really like. The one that broke your heart." Jim to Michael about rebound relationships on "The Office." Poor Karen.
"I miss the days when I only had one party I didn't want to go to." Ryan about the two holiday parties on "The Office."
"She has a collection of free range shoes and belts at home." Matthew on
"Trust me, Bart, it's better to walk in on both your parents than just one of them." Millhouse to Bart on
"I'm fine. My nose is just overflowing with awesome and I had to get some of it out." Barney about his cold on "How I Met Your Mother." Thanks to Steve and Jason who were the first to submit this week's most popular quote.
"We're having a very Britney Christmas, mother." Caitlin to Julie on
Where Have I Seen Them Before?
The parade of former residents of
Well gag me with a spoon, Diane recognized Moon Unit Zappa as Ted's pregnant cousin on "How I Met Your Mother." Zappa sang the hit "Valley Girl" song back in 1982.
Michelle recognized Jamie King as Palmer, the fruitographer who moved in across the hall from Kat on "The Class." She was Tanya last season on "Kitchen Confidential."
Maggie Wheeler was the teacher on "Friday Night Lights." Wheeler is perhaps best known as Janice on "Friends." She was also Linda on
DJ recognized Danny Strong, currently playing Doyle on
Highlights of the Week Ahead
All times listed are Eastern Standard Time for Dec. 18 to Dec. 24
Everything else is in repeats. You have no excuse to not watch "What About Brian" (Monday,
Um, are you watching "My Boys" (Tuesday, TBS, 10 p.m.)? Consider this your December assignment. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you missed the hilarious holiday episode of "The Office," you're in luck.
So, I'm kind of on the Taylor/Ryan bandwagon. How about you? Ryan plans a special New Year's celebration on "The O.C." (Thursday,
"Monk" has a special black-and-white episode this week as it gears up for the show's return in January. You can check it out this Friday at 9 p.m. in black and white and then in color at 10 p.m. Then you can vote for your favorite version at www.usanetwork.com.
That's all for today. I'll be back next week with the best quotes of the year. So consider this a last call to get your quotes of 2006 in. Have a question, seen a familiar face, want to nominate a quote of the week, write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.